I’m having blogging insecurities.
I have been very busy with work these days, training and transferring, and we did not have internet at home until today. My friend Grace has also been posting wonderful stories, I find mine less interesting or meaningful.
To say the least, I’m feeling insecure. But, I’m sure I can dredge something from my days that could be interesting…or not…
Fall.
The other day I burst into our apartment and declared fall my favorite season. I love summer for practical reasons, so much to do outside, but I think fall is my favorite. Crisp air, favorite sweaters, turning leaves, hot tea and cider, Halloween candy, costume parties*, but mostly the air. Something about the air changes: it smells different, feels different, the wind even blows different. It reminds me a lot of growing up in Nevada City. There is a street in Nevada City called Nevada Street (I think, it’s been a while) and we would make an event out of driving along it when the leaves turned colors. We would park the car and walk, kicking the fallen leaves, drinking a hot cider or mocha, bundled with scarves. It was also “the” prime trick-or-treating neighborhood growing up. Blake and I scored more candy, and scares, on that street than any other in the area.
If you have the chance, you should visit NC during the fall, early October. Wow! More trees are turning color here in Portland these days. Just today I noticed a whole street has turned, almost before my eyes. I’m sure they were all green two days ago.
We might get trick-or-treaters this year. Our candy supply will be limited, but I look forward to it. I love fall holidays.
*The costume party is underrated. I love them! LOVE - THEM!
3 comments:
Oh, Katie. First of all, I love your description of Fall and looking forward to my first real (?) Fall here in Jersey. (Would you call my Fall in Chico a "real" Fall? I wouldn't know the difference having grown up in coastal No. Cal). I'm very excited to see Gaia's (the living earth's) seasonal mood changes! She has been withholding from me.
AND SECOND!!! YOU are the one who got me into blooging because I was so moved by your on-line thoughts! Seriously! No insecurity is allowed here. :) You practically had me moving to Portland with your delicious descriptions of the life and culture there. (I'm still considering it.)
And, the more elaborate my blog gets the more intensely I'm avoiding doing my work. Because I sit in front of books and the computer all day (without a boss standing over my shoulder) it is hard to be disciplined and do what I came here to do.
Please know that I check your blog regularly and am LOVING it still!
Grace, you seem like one to like Halloween Costume parties. If only we still lived in the same area. Next year, let's plan one, we'll fly out.
Ohhhh, that sounds fun! Lets plan it.
Post a Comment