11.05.2005

Desperate




















Every few days I am anticipating the arrival of our mail with great excitement. And, when I open the mail box and the bright red envelope is there…YES! Yes, I’m hooked, again, on a new TV show – Desperate Housewives.

For the whole first season I gave the show a cold shoulder. It got too much hype, even my dad said he liked it! But one day, I slipped the first season onto our NetFlix queue* and our life has changed for ever…or at least the last two weeks.

Desperate Housewives is worth the try. It has drama, suspense, thrill, and most importantly – Humor. It’s been a long time since I have seriously laughed out-loud to TV show so much. I’ve got two more discs to watch so if anyone thinks they are going to ruin the end of this season for me, keep it shut. But, if you’ve never seen any of them, go get disc 1 of season 1. Beware, it’s contagious (John and Dave are hooked too).

To be honest, there is one reservation I have - more to do with Hollywood. These women are beautiful, but sometimes when they move, I am afraid they will collapse. They are all SO thin that you can see shoulder bones and ribs. Even though I love the show, I think some serious health concerns should be raised about Wisteria’s Lane's Women.

*If you have not tried NetFlix - it's a total must. It will save you so much in latefees and you'll never spend 30 minutes in a rental store just to find that all the movies you want are not in stock.

No comments: