3.07.2006

Kitty: 2004-2006



So many tears. Our Kitty is no longer with us in the way we have enjoyed him for the past two years. On Sunday he was prancing and leaping from yard to yard, smelling the flowers, chasing bees, frolicking with the neighbors when he was suddenly stopped by a car. Our neighbor gently and kindly wrapped him up and brought him home to John. I found out later at work. That night we drove to Keizer to burry him in the Pattison's back yard.

Our Little One was such a fun and loving member of our family, it's really very sad for us. He was a special animal who embodied trust, curiosity, love, playfulness, and soul. Over the last two years that we had him in our home we never named him officially, nothing took. So we allowed him to have any name that people felt worked for them. Some of his names were: Kitty, Little One, Stinker, Scat-Cat, Lancelot, Little Shit, Love, Cute Thing, Kittsy, Baby.

Here are some of the pictures we have taken of our little Baby.








5 comments:

Grace said...

Skitty Skat...

so precious... I love your little Kitty!!!

Grace said...

Katie and John, I just came back to your blog to actually read the words of your post because this morning I was in such a hurry I just enjoyed the photos. I am SO sorry to hear this. I am very sad, too. My heart-felt condolences. Truly!

Anonymous said...

My heart is heavy for you both.

Spider Girl said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Your kitty looks a lot like one of mine...it will be sad when he goes.

Last week I was driving home with a friend and we saw a cat by the side of the road that had been hit and killed by a car. I carried him off the road and then went to knock on a nearby door to see if I could find the owner, because if it was my cat I'd want to know.

It wasn't the owner but he thanked me and said he'd do what he could to ask around.

I felt so sad. I went home and hugged my cats.

Anonymous said...

hi katie,
this is the first time i've seen your blog this month - and dustin and are so sorry to hear about your cat. that must have been absolutely devastating. i can't even imagine.

we hope you're both doing well, considering. we can't wait to see you in july, and hopefully talk to you sooner. :)

take care,
cara