4.11.2008

This is all I have to say today

On the 23rd of this month I get to take Molly down to the gym and drop her off at their daycare. I CAN'T WAIT! I love my little girl, she is so cute and fun to play with, but I need this more than I have words for. Molly sleeps for a total of 11.5 hours in a 24 hour period. My ability to keep up at this rate is fading quickly. And John leaves for Africa at the end of May. My prayer these days is that she finds the ability to sleep for more than 5 or 6 hours at a time during the night by then or I just might loose it.

I know being a parent is hard work and the sweet little kid is worth the investment of this sleep deprived time (which I recognize is short in comparison to the rest of the story), but seriously. If I get asked one more time about sleep or hear one more story about a baby who sleeps all night, I just might break down.

I completely understand why some mom's are a little crazy. Some people are able to function and be nice on 5 hours of sleep, I've always required 7-8. I haven't had 7-8 of uninterrupted sleep for 9 months.

Yes - it will all be worth it, and I'll be just fine. But I'm barely hanging on.





In her highchair. The same one that Libby and I sat in as babies:


All the beautiful greens we took home from the farm last weekend:


Pictures for Erin and Andy:

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

I am so sorry, Kate! We went through a similar thing with Carter. I think we felt more exhausted when he was 6 months old than when he was born. I know how it is when tons of people give advice... but there was a book that we say changed our lives. We were at our wits end and we had just moved into Joe's Place. He was hardly taking naps and was not ever sleeping through the night. I too was sick of hearing about babies that slept through the night at 10 days old and was so tired I thought I was going to cry. A woman at our church recommended that we read "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child." To this day when I see her I tell her that she saved our lives.

Molly is such a doll. We can't wait to meet her.

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, yes!!! I recomend this book almost daily at work! It works well. I use it as referrence as well for Anna...Who still wakes once at night to feed by the way, this is normal for a 6 month old. xoxo Kristen

Kate said...

Thank you. I'm going to check it out. Her cuteness and sweetness make up for a lot of my tears and my friends help me fill in the rest. Thank you for your words and support.

the o's said...

go nike! love the gear that she's dressed in! we must do dinner soon... we want to meet molly!