1.24.2009

California

Can you feel the sun? The warmth? It was AWESOME, about 77 degrees for a week, bare feet, t-shirts, eating lunch on the patio...just what I needed.

One of the fun things about going home with a baby is what they get to try out from when you were a kid. My grandpa made this rocking horse for us when Lib and I were kids. I remember liking it a lot. Molly, not so much:



Molly with Grandpa Dave



It was so warm outside Molly got to play in some water. She discovered the watering pail and put all the leaves in it and then emptied them all out. She would splash around in the water and squeal!


How big is Molly? "SO BIG!"

Once or twice she even fell asleep in the car. She's such and angel when she sleeps. I almost NEVER see her sleeping. She's such a light sleeper that I can't ever take a peek or put the blankets back on her at night. She almost always wakes up in the car as soon as we slow down or go over a bump.

Where was Molly on the morning of January, 20 2009? Eating her eggs and toast right in front of the TV to see Obama get sworn in!


One of the best things about the warm weather was letting Molly roam around. Since she's been walking the weather in Portland has been so bad she hasn't really experienced much walking on grass, dirt, etc. We let her out to run (something she'll start doing soon) and explore twice a day. It was wonderful!

Here she is one day tossing leaves over her head. She loved this!






At the Sacramento Airport saying thank you and goodbye. Here she is with Grandma Vicky:

Thank you for letting us come and stay for so long. What a great trip!

No comments: