2.26.2009

Pee Pee In The Potty


Today Molly got her Potty. I went to Target to look around and get out of the house. Then I saw the Potties and had to take them down to compare and let Molly play around with them. Turns out she prefered the cheapest one ($9.49), so I got it. Later when we got home I got the little girl naked and we started sitting on the potty in the bathroom. She was really into it and within a 20 minutes went pee pee in the potty. I WAS SO EXCITED. I wasn't even paying attention because I had just been on the phone with John's mom. Then I turned around and heard her go. "YAY," I clapped for Molly and she clapped for herself. She was pretty proud of herself as we flushed it down the toilet, "bye, bye pee pee," she said. We've been practicing to flush poop down the toilet from her diapers ever since they turned solidish. She loves saying bye bye to the toilet.

I don't know if this means we're going to go full force with the potty training, but she's been giving us the cues for a few weeks. Molly often lets us know when she's going to pee and poo, first step. Now we just need to have enough naked time to get her into going on the potty. I hope it warms up soon so we can do this comfortably.

Here is a video:

2 comments:

Kate said...

By the way, the panties she has on in the picture are these vintage-like lace panties I had from old clothes that my mom gave me from when I was a baby. They are really cute and I can't believe I'm already putting them on her!

Kristialyn Johnson said...

Yay! Potty time!!!