4.22.2009

My Inspiration

When I lived in Chico I used to attend the Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour when it would come through town. Since moving to Portland I have not attended for three years until tonight. Every year it's hosted at the Bagdad Theater and we lived RIGHT THERE. I would see all of the people lined up around the block, read the title on the sign and then stomp my feet in frustration, "I've missed another year!" The tickets always sell out weeks in advance!

This year, thanks to FaceBook, I was tipped off about about the event by a friend who lives in a different state. I quickly looked up dates, called around, and had John pick up tickets that day at the REI over 15 miles from here. IT WAS WORTH IT. And thanks to D&K we didn't have to be the family who missed half of the show because their kids needed more attention and activity or to go to bed.

Here's the link, if you haven't checked it out, you should. It's pretty wonderful:

Banff Mountain Film Festival

1 comment:

Kristialyn Johnson said...

Whoa, that's awesome. I really didn't know what it was! Maybe next year we'll all go.