8.08.2005

GRAVY

We ate dinner at Gravy the other day with Dusty and Cara. They are said to have good Biscuits and gravy (imagine that!). So we made plans to meet up and eat some Gravy.

While John and I waited for them to arrive, we enjoyed some tasty beer. I had a pint of Terminal Gravity ESG and John had Hale's Cream Ale. Both were really good. I highly recommend the ESG anytime, but the Cream Ale would be especially recommended if you ever want something with the rich smoothness of Guiness but light like a wheat.

My biscuit was good, a little dry and dense, but the gravy was fun. I ordered "veggie" gravy and expected it to still be a basic gravy, just not meat based. Instead I got one with spinach and carrots. Although it was good, I would probably not eat it again. They had some other wonderful things on the menu, and killer Happy Hour ($3.75 veggie burgers!).

Portland has great happy hours and most places have the after 10pm happy hour too. We just need to adjust our eating times to fit their schedules.

2 comments:

Kate said...

You can check out a great recipe for biscuits and gravy on my kate's cafe site.

http://katescafe.blogspot.com/2005/06/biscuits-and-shitake-gravy.html

Kate said...

Recipe Link