3.28.2007

I'm going to be a Mom!!!

I have not posted on here for a long time and the number one reason is that I have had to keep relatively quite about the biggest thing in our life right now.

John and I are going to be parents!

Back in January a crazy thing called conception happened, without our knowing. And in mid February we figured things were going differently than planned. After our home tests and a trip to the clinic our excitement and fears and shock were confirmed = We are having a baby. After the shock and tears and drop-jaw awe subsided and the excitement and wonder set in, we started to call immediate family and our close friends. Now and month and some later we have had our first visit with a midwife and confirmed that YES, we are pregnant.



John and I have created a little living one that is growing and moving a lot within my belly. So far it has a big head, arms, legs and a strong heart. We did not know the actual dates around when the baby was conceived, so when the midwife could not hear the heartbeat I did not worry and just thought it was too early. John was scared. She decided that an early ultrasound would be appropriate and rushed us to the hospital (it turns out she might have been concerned).



Once there, we saw the little one and our fears were washed away and our excitement began to grow roots.

The other day John and I both confessed that we were fearful that we would show up the appointment today and the midwife would tell us there must be a mistake and that we were not actually pregnant. That is not the case.

Both of us are hoping for a girl, but a boy will be fun too.

From now on, I will be updating with pictures, stories, thoughts, etc on the blog. All celebrations and gatherings will be posted here too.

I'm currently 10 weeks 5 days and we are due around October 22, 2007. YAY!

4 comments:

Grace said...

YAY FOR BABIES! YIPPEE, WOO HOO!!

We are SO happy for you both! Keep us "posted" (but no celebrations til June, just kidding).

Matt W. said...

YESSSSSSSSS!

Erica said...

Congrats! Little Girls are a blast!

Alyssa Reeve said...

Congratulations you guys!!! I've been out of town and just saw the comment on our blog. Being a parent is the most amazing thing ever! You are going to have so much fun!!!