Over the last two weeks I have started to feel the baby move. It all started small, I could barely tell that was what I was feeling. But recently, the little thing is all over the place - like it can dance! John even felt it move the other day too!
The first week it felt like a an eyelid seizure from the inside of my belly. But now it feels more like these three things, all in one, and only for one second at a time:
1. Like a small critter wrapped in a blanket, squirming to get out.
2. How your gut feels when you are driving and go over a bump and loose your stomach.
3. When your stomach is so empty and you can feel it turn over when it growls.
Of course, imagine all of these feelings for only one second. It takes me by surprise every time and feels strange. Dave brought up a great visual of me feeling all three of things in actuality, all at the same time. Driving down the road, hungry, with a critter in a blanket. We laughed pretty hard.
Side Note: I keep calling the baby "it" and as of tomorrow at 9:00 am, we should know more specifically what kind of "it" we are growing. A boy "it" or a girl "it," and of course more information on the condition of "it." I look forward to sharing that news with everyone.
1 comment:
Oooh. Can't wait. I'll call you tomorrow (probably too early while you're still in the apt) to see how things went.
Post a Comment